- ICO provides school buses for most trips. Agencies may furnish their own transportation or sometimes the City Council members or County Supervisors donate a bus. A bus can also be rented from the city. Normally, the pick-up and final drop-off point for the kids, parents, and teachers must be within the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent, unincorporated section of Los Angeles County for this free bus service.
- School buses hold about 56 persons.
- Bus pick up and return times are generally:
8:30am – 2:30pm on Weekends
9:00am – 2:00pm on Weekdays
- Changing the date or destination of a hike requires 10 days advance notice. Please contact your trip leader and the ICO Bus Coordinator.
- If you must cancel a hike that has been scheduled, please contact your leader promptly. Buses that are not canceled at least 48 hours in advance of the hike must be paid for by ICO. It is the leader’s responsibility to cancel the bus.
- If a bus has not arrived at the pickup point at the scheduled departure time, call the outing leader and ask that the bus company be contacted.
[Photo credit: Shirley Hickman]